Accelerator sticking on 2000 Silverado

Actually it doesn't appear to be the pedal itself. The truck is a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado pickup with a 5.3 liter V-8, Automatic. The accelerator sticks intermittently. Sometimes right after I've started
and other times after a bit of time. I've recently noticed, that it only occurs when the truck is actually running. If the pedal sticks and I can stop and turn the truck off, the pedal is free again. I'm guessing there is some kind of "assist" (vacuum, electrical or maybe hydraulic) that is actually sticking. I've checked the cable and it seems to be free. Of course, when I want it to stick and check under the hood, it won't. Any ideas?
More than likely it is the throttle body coked with carbon and crap around the butterfly and shaft. Take the TB off and remover the TPS and the ISC. Then clean it with carb cleaner.

I thought about that, but why would it only do it when the truck is running?
You are looking too hard to make logic out of it. Clean the carb and while you are doing it pull the cable and make sure there are no broken strands. Chances are great that cleaning the carb will fix it.....

Not being a wise guy here, but what carb on this truck?

-
Carb?

Fuel injection
OK for those of you who can't read between the lines Throttle Body. Does that make you happier.....

Your making it too complicated. It is a simple repair, seen it more than a few times.

The turbulence created by the air going by the coke, makes frost.

As others have stated, clean the carbon from the throttle shaft and plate. My '99 K1500 with 5.7 liter will do this as well. What I do is drop a bottle of 08813 3M fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank at each oil change, and spray the throttle shafts with injector cleaner with out removing the throttle body. This ritual keeps the throttle from sticking.
Brian
Thanks for all the replies--I'll give it a whirl this weekend
Thanks for all the suggestions. I removed the air intake housing (K&N) from the front of the throttle body and, sure enough, there was carbon around the plate. I used a little carb cleaner and it is working fine now. Thanks again.