Accessory Power Outlet question

I have 2007 Cobalt and operate a cassette player powered through the APO. I often forget to shut off the player when I leave the car. Can this be "simply
re-wired" to turn the power source off with the ignition key? The dealer said no! It was that way but too many complaints changed it. TIA
It isn't a simple matter if you do not under stand the electrical system. You could add an outlet on a switched fuse but that still takes knowledge of the electrical system. Don't expect a dealer or anyone else to modify it as that causes liability problems for them. Learn to unplug or turn off the cassette player.

Thank you for the reply Woody. I do many things by rote today and getting out of the car does not include anything other than removing the key in what remains of my memory bank.... I retired from electronics industry 15 years ago. Understand circuitry up to transistors but the microprocessors are strange to me. Obtaining a wiring diagram would be my next step but this old body of mine can't squeeze and twist under a dash as it once could. I might manage cut white wire and solder to black wire.

Then go to Radio Shack and get an extension socket and wire it to a fuse or circuit that is switched.

"simply
said
I'd find someone who actually knows the vehicle. Some Chryslers for example, it's just a matter of changing the configuration inside the power distribution box. I'd be surprised if there was a lot of redesign to change it. More likely something simple.
That being said, it's simpler to reconfigure so the power is on all the time, so it is possible the hardware was changed.