Accident question update

Got the bad news today, the 07 that was rear ended is totaled. My question now is, what do insurance companies go by when establishing how much the
vechicle is worth? I'm preparing for a screwing, but don't know how bad it will be yet. Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Don't feel lucky "IF" you can get the value of the car Paul. Insurance companies are regulated. They don't just make up these things as they go, and decide upon payouts based on whether they think they can screw you or not. I cannot encourage you strongly enough to talk to your insurance company. Talk to your agent. Talk to the adjuster. They will explain to you how CA regulates insurance, and what you can expect. That's going to be better, more accurate, and more relevant than most of the opinions, anecdotal experiences, etc. that folks here can generally offer. You are adding fuel to your own angst fire by not doing this.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

replace the vehicle with a new one on the same make and model (or comparable) in the first 36 months of the car's age.
Good luck.........
Gary B.

Damn it, David. Will you PLEASE learn how to post? Your posts are never separated from the posts that you are responding to.
Another David ;)

My previous insurance policy had a clause where if I "wrote off" my car within 30 months of the purchase date, it would be replaced with a brand new car.
Steve

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
You may try doing like I did one time, tell them to find you one in the same condition, same mileage or less. If they find it have them buy it for you, or give you that much money. That is the only fair way as that is what that car is worth, the insurance companies don't like to do this but putting it in those terms doesn't give them much choice.