active ng

post a week ago about lack of posts in this ng tough to be a gm basher when all you can do is make things up. Facts is facts and gm is doing good right now.
Have fun.
On 1/19/12 7:23 PM, Tom wrote:

26% owned by US Government-what a recommendation!
On 1/19/12 7:51 PM, Jim_Higgins wrote:

keep trying getting harder. HOw many us companys do business in china and bring money back to this country. How many US companys are successful in china. How many companys are the no 1 producer of autos in the world. Must be tough to take this must make you shake with envy. For 2 yrs you people predicted nothing but failure and gloom didnt happen sorry. I said then would you people eat your words maybe not ready yet but those days are comming!!!!! Have some more fun.
Den fredagen den 20:e januari 2012 kl. 01:51:55 UTC skrev Tom:

China has been financing the US for many years now and are dictating US policy in many ways in many places.
Recently they stopped US aggression in Iran and they own most of GM and GM is more a chinese company than anything else.
The chinese own most of the US debt and they are moving some goods in order to lower the debt a little bit.
The cost of making GM cars is more than the selling price so nobody knows how long before GM will be broken up into pieces and china is taking over the technology gradually.

long before GM will be broken up into pieces and china is taking over the technology gradually.

than the selling price but still show a 7 billion profit, must be some wierd accounting practices going on here or all of your info is made up
maybe just a troll
Den fredagen den 20:e januari 2012 kl. 11:01:04 UTC skrev Tom:

"General Motors (Government Motors [GM]) in 2008 received Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) coin. TARP being the first of the giant government violations of the private sector about which then President and capitalism assailant George W. Bush ridiculously said Ive abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system. These multi-trillion dollar government money anvils TARP, the 2009 alleged stimulus, Cash-for-Clunkers, Cash-for-Caulkers, ad nauseum have been repeatedly dropped on our collective economic heads. Wonder why the national recovery has been so slow as to resemble non-existent? In large part because the private sector has been dragged into inertia by these serial Keynesian anchors. Government Motors bailout was huge $49.9 billion. They then got obnoxious and completely dishonest about it."

Relief Program (TARP) coin. TARP being the first of the giant government violations of the private sector about which then President and capitalism assailant George W. Bush ridiculously said Ive abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system.

stimulus, Cash-for-Clunkers, Cash-for-Caulkers, ad nauseum have been repeatedly dropped on our collective economic heads.

non-existent? In large part because the private sector has been dragged into inertia by these serial Keynesian anchors.

First the tarp money was repaid in full from both GH and Chrysler. Cash for clunkers was for all auto companys. depending on when the govt sells the remaining stock will result in a wash or a loss up to 14billion. I will bet that the govt's received more than that back and jobs retained from the business, GM out of business would have sent more money back to foreign govts. 5,000 dealer ships closed, 200+ direct auto workers lost many more suppliers lost, local govts losing out on tax payments etc. many local business closed. pensions lost on and on. Since you would not have been affected i guess this is OK. dont say toyota would have picked up the leftovers, they would just have imported more. Toyota says they are and american car company, but when the disaster hit japan they had to shut down or reduce production in this country due to lack of parts. GM Lost 1 shift in Pontiac and 1 day at another assembly pant. I think ford and chrysler didnt lose anything.
Go make up some more stories, you still didnt answer selling cars at a loss.

USA companies are too fat, too lazy and too much non-value added overhead to compete in China.
#1 producer of autos in the world? China.
GM stock? $24, down $10 from IPO, hardly anything to brag about. Even if Government Motors makes it, I will not beed the hands that steal from me. And like GM.old, they too said they made money until GMAC was bankrupt. Now with AmeriCredit, I want to see their books and loan quality.
At GM, no job, no credit, history of default, they give loans....a pump and dump.
--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.
On 1/20/12 4:13 PM, Canuck57 wrote:

NEver met anyone yet that could predict the future. IF you hate GM so much why do you keep comming to the GM newsgroup to bash them if not just as a troll.
I live in the here and now and now GM is doing well and as a american car company i am glad also for ford. All i know is i will never buy a car from a foreign company it either GM or Ford since i am on the short end of the stick this shouldnt be a problem

I hope for all of us they can do well in the future and keep people employed. I've bought many GM cars over the years and like them for various reasons. Style, performance and until recently (past 10 years), the quality was as good as any.
My last GM car was fantastic for 30,000 miles, but then it started to turn to crap. The dealer and GM were of new help, they just said, buy a new car. I did, but while it was made in the US, it was not a US brand.
If GM can build a quality car, I'll buy them again. Ford is OK, but I've never owned a Chrysler product. I've yet to meet one that I've like from a style POV. No, even the Charger was not for me but it is slightly better than the new Camero.
On 20/01/2012 3:29 PM, Tom wrote:

They keep on picking our pockets.
I will be here to remind them.