Advice for LT1 R&R timing chain cover seals

1st off, thanks for reading.

I'm doing my first opti-spark replacement this weekend and due to an oil leak I'll also be replacing the 2 timing chain cover seals for the distributer and waterpump shafts. I have the parts in hand and I'm wondering what's goign to be the best way to pull the old seals out and instal the new.

I'm hoping that inspalling the new will be as simple as getting a socket sized just right to evenly tap the smaller one in place and using some kinda pipe to tap in the larger one.

If anyone has advice, particularly on removing the old seals, I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
Yargnits