Advice on E2SE Carb Rebuild

I have some drivability problems with my 83 Pontiac 6000 2.8 - which I think is caused by a bad carb float. The engine will stumble when driving around corners, backing-up and when climbing a steep grade. I've also
changed the MC solenoid and checked the ignition timing, plug wires, vacuum lines, fuel and air filters and EGR. Any advice on rebuilding or replacing the float in this carb would be appreciated.
TIA
Some carbs are easy to rebuild, others are pure hell. If possible, go to junkyard and take one apart. If you can put it together, go buy a rebuild kit, if not, skip the D I Y action, and buy a rebuilt. I've had various luck with rebuilding carbs. Those D shaped two barrels are a bitch !