aftermarket stereo installation: 97 Cavalier

I would like to self-install an aftermarket stereo into my 97 Cavalier. Does this car need a data-bus interface module to replace the AM-Fm radio that will be removed? If so, are the door chimes the only thing affected if I leave the module out?

-- Denis Roy D. Roy Woodcraft

Denis Roy

No, the 97's predate the data bus system, that made its wonderous debut in

2000.

Super glue razor blades along the rear edge to deter theft (after the fact, of course..)

Reply to
Paradox

If your Cavalier is like ours, get a 1.5 din radio. If you use an adapter, the radio will stick out a bit.

Al

Reply to
Big Al