Air bag light

Hi,
I have a 2001 Chevy venture and whithin the last week the air bag warning light has come on and will not go off. Has anyone seen this before? I
managed to get it to go off for a few minutes by playing with the tilt steering, is this just a coincidence?
Thanks to all who respond.
Blair

Hmmm...does GM have the same clockspring problem Chrysler had?
I had the same problem and it was the wiring plug under the seat. If you can have a look (or a feel) under the seat and see if the connector is in properly. This is only on the units with the side impact air bag...Other than that...go to the dealer and get him to pull the code for it...it will pinpoint the location and it is probably a bad connection Steve