Air bag light on 2000 Montana

What would cause the air bag light to come on, on this vehicle? 2000 Pontiac Montana, we bought it like this and its been on since we bought it, doesnt
bother me just courious.

The airbag light comes on during the bulb check and when there is a problem with the airbag system. Take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic for diagnosis.
Steve
abomb69 wrote:

You'd have to have it scanned to be able to know exactly what is wrong, but I can tell you that one of the really common problems with the air bag system on these vans is the seat belt system that takes up the slack when you are in an accident. These systems are linked into the whole air bag system, so any problems with them will disable the whole system.
Ian