Air Flow Routing in 96 Lumina

I have one more question - I have a 96 Lumina, and the air, be it hot, cold, doesn't flow through the vents facing out at the driver/ passenger anymore. It flows through the defrost vents and the floor
vents, and the rotary flow switch doesn't seem to make much difference. Is there a possibility that the switch is burned out, etc?
Thanks, Louis