Air Intake?

Is the air intake the place where the air filter sits? Please help!
Thanks!

How about the car/engine????

-
So sorry! It's a 2.2L ECOTEC L4 with SFI (2005 Sunfire)

Nino NoSpam wrote:

There is no "air intake part" per se. Depending on vehicle the intake system could consist of a tube with a hole for air to flow into, a filter element and place for the filter, various resonators, flex tube with or without maf, throttle body or carb horn & parts, intake manifold, and a bunch of other stuff.
Thanks Paul, so if I wanted to clean the air intake system of a 2.2L ECOTEC L4 with SFI -2005 Sunfire, what would I do?

Nino NoSpam wrote:

I'm sure I know what you mean, but if you mean install a new air filter, its in the box between the air intake and the throttle body. The rest of it really does not get dirty except for the maf and throttle body. It would be best to take those off and use something like carb cleaner spray. The maf is fragile - be careful.