Airbag code questions

'03 Impala Airbag light is on and getting 7 blinks at key on before going on steady. I'm getting codes B0022, 26, 42, 43 and 44. All are driver side (LF) deploy failure codes related to open loops or voltage problems. Could this be all from a bad clockspring ? My appliance tech gut says yes but it's my brothers car and since I'm the family wrench I get the first whack at the problems. Pro techs thanks in advance......

Reply to
Repairman

Shep

Just remember there are shorting bars in the connectors to prevent accidental deployment. Those have to be defeated before resistance measurements are taken.

Reply to
Kevin
20 series codes are for stage 1, 40 series codes for stage 2. 22 and 42 are internal short. 43 is short to ground or short to volts and low resistance 26 and 44 are for an open Stage 1 wires are tan (high) and brown, stage 2 are white (high) and pink. I don't have resistance specs, it just says "test' With that many codes, check for a damaged harness, crushed or a screw through it or something, usually you get 1 or 2 codes. There's only 1 code for the steering wheel deployment module that you don't have.
Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Shep