Alldata or Mitchell?

I need to replace the dimmer switch in my Olds Intrigue (1998). When I move the switch to high-beam, the dims go out but the highs don't illuminate. I have decided it's the stalk switch because the high beam
indicator light doesn't light either. Normally I fix most everything myself, but on this job I'm kind of creeped out by the airbag. I figured I'd get online and go to somewhere like Mitchell, Alldata, or Shopkey and pay the fee for access to their database for this particular car.
1. Any input as to which online database to choose, and why?
2. I actually remember hearing once that Shopkey and Mitchell are the same thing -- true?
3. Anything remarkable about changing the dimmer switch which would make it not advisable -- (i.e. particularly difficult, dangerous, special tools needed, etc)?