Almost 100,000 miles.

Well the 2005 Park Avenue is almost at 100,000 miles. Still got the Original dex-cool, Intake manifold and gaskets - no leaks or loss of coolant. I guess GM fixed the problem by 2005?
Planned on replacing the serpentine belt last fall, but discovered the tensioner's pivot point is seized up to the point it won't release the belt tension. I have a new tensioner in the box, along with the belt and a new water pump and 2 plastic coolant pipes that connect to the tensioner. While the coolant will be drained to replace the tensioner we'll add a new water pump too. Might do hoses - but unlikely at this early in the cars life.
Also bought 6 spark plugs.
Rear Brakes done at 80,000 miles, Rotors were rusted beyond salvage. Couldn't cut them - had to throw them away. The old ears didn't detect any funny noises though coming from the rear...
Everything else is good except for an occasional dimming of the digital readout for the climate control and the windshield wipers that park in the vertical (up) position. If you put the wipers on pause and shut the car off when the wipers are down waiting to cycle, turn the wipers to off and restart the car, the wipers will stay down. A $187.00 electronic part that was replaced wasn't the problem.
The only other things done so far was new tires, Purge valve on the fuel rail, Front brakes (no F rotors), 3-4 gas & air filters. Routine oil & trans oil & filters changes...
The Bonneville is still banging on 5 cylinders but has some major noise issues in the rear? Sounds like something metal has broken. Possibly strut related? Not sure yet.....not that concerned about it. Its not the exhaust that is making the noise. I don't go over 50 with it anymore, and It doesn't go on the highway either. I also discovered a rear brake spring band is broken in half. So no brakes on the RR.
driving cautious.....
harryface 91 Bonneville 322,048 05 Park Avenue 99,622

I think they had fixed the majority of these problems by 2005.. Shux, a 2005 is nearly a new car.
DexCool wasnt totally bad but it wasnt that good either.
On 18/06/2010 10:17 AM, hls wrote:

Maybe there is a class action for the manifold. I wonder if they still make them of plastic?
--
The bigger government gets, the more it tends to rule out common sense.

By 2005, the plenum problem was over, I believe.
Where have you been Mr. GM "expert" that you don't know General Motors issued a manifold recall years ago, that has now expired over time.
Every auto manufacturer makes most engines with composite intake manifolds today. There has not been a combustible mix in them since the use of MEFI, or the newer direct injection, engines. The only thing distributed by a modern manifold today is air.

I kind of figured the intake problem was solved by 2005......looks like I lucked out again in my choice of purchase.
harryface 91 Bonneville 322,048 05 Park Avenue 99,622