Almost Smashed It

Came close to nailing a GMC Safari Van with the Bonneville yesterday that turned left in front of me, then stopped, blocking my path.

Light turned green before I got to the light, which is a residential side street that were on. There are no Left Turns arrows at this intersection.

A Jeep is about 25 feet ahead of me and crosses the intersection, the van is sitting behind the stop line waiting, can't remember if her signal was blinking.

As I go through the intersection the GMC pulls up and turns left out past the center line about ten feet completely blocking my path. She suddenly stops. I jump on the brakes and stop, laying on the horn as well, she waves then completes her turn. then I go.

These hooded women ( Arab's ) don't pay attention when they drive.

harryface

91 Bonneville 306,459 05 Park Avenue 36,366
Reply to
Harry Face

Shep

Heck - the Syracuse upstate area has its fair share of brain dead drivers as well. That said, the worst drivers I've ever encountered are the Massachusetts drivers. The closer to Boston, the worse the drivers.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The worst drivers I have ever seen are in Atlanta.Most citys in Georgia have a five second delay, ie they are red from all four direction for about five seconds. The average number who continue through on this red is about three with at least one more going through after the green. If you are ever in Atlanta (or Athens) never start across when your light turns green or you will be just in time to lose your bumper to the last guy to run the red light(both genders) Ernie

Reply to
ernie

Apparently you have never driven in Boston, if that is what you believe. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

We went through Atlanta on 285 Tuesday morning. Decided to try that instead of

75 right through town. It may have been a little better, but not much. We saw 2 "cars", about 1/2 the size of a Mini-Cooper flying along in the middle of traffic. The sides were lettered "ZAPCAR", whatever that is. One had a semi in front and another in back; talk about taking your life in your hands!

Web Site:

David Starr

I have been rear ended. I was first in line. Light turns green. Intersection still full of cars running the red. So I sit, foot on brake. Car behind me floors it based on light turning green.

Fortunately, just ate my hitch/ receiver through their radiator. No damge to me.

Talk about not paying attention.

Reply to
Miller

People on cell phones are bad news. My wife just about got run over in a parking lot yesterday by one.

***
Reply to
dh

I was in Boston in the 80's for a work related seminar. We quickly discovered that the locals NEVER acknowledge the presence of another vehicle. Traffic signals and speed limit signs appeared to be merely a suggestion. Boston is also where I heard someone actually say "Oh, you can't get there from here".

Web Site:

David Starr