Alternator is done, now a new probelm

So, my 1995 Monte has a new alternator. When the last one went, lights on the dash started going nuts then the check engine light came on. After replacing the alternator, check engine light stayed on. Cleared and checked the codes. P1640 and P1650, QDM "A" and QDM "B" faults. Damnit. What I'm assuming is that the alternator took out some fuses or components with it, going to go check now.

I noticed when the PCM commands FAN2 to come on, it's not coming on.

One thing after another..........

Side note - Those idiots lights are as dumb as you think. When you turn the key forward to the "run" position, all the pretty lights light up. However, if the battery light does not come on, there is a charging system problem. Sure enough, I checked it out, it's true. Imagine that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Shep

I fixed it, the "ENG EMIS" fuse was blown.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Oh, this controls:

Generator EVAP Canister Purge Solinoid (on QDM "A") EGR Valve (on QDM "B") Oxygen Sensor Power Steering Pressure Switch FAN CONT Relay

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Now the question will become, "Why did that fuse blow?" Is a problem still lurking out there waiting to pounce? Sure hope not. Time will tell.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

No no, the alternator went on the fritz, the fuse blew at the same time. I replaced the alternator and the fuse. Also replaced the battery. All should be good now.

Reply to
Steve Mackie