Alternator just died...Advance Auto Parts any good??

I will be replacing my Alt in a 97 3.1 pontiac, can I expect any quality buying from Advance Auto Parts?

Add pictures here
βœ–

Advance Auto has an alternator with a lifetime warranty. I replaced mine under this warrantly at least once. Pretty good deal. GM alternators typically fail (in my experience) somewhere about 80K to 100K although I had one failure at 24K and one failure at 50K. The replacement alternators from Advance have lasted about 90 and 110K respectively (before disposing of the cars)...and I currently have one that has about 30K on it without any problems.
Again..I suggest getting the one with the lifetime warranty as Advance Auto will honor this warranty without question !!
hth
Peter
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Peter" wrote:

replaced
This failure rate is not the norm by any means. I have one on a 89 burb I bought new that is original except for rear bearing that I replaced around 120K. It now has 172K on it. I have a 25 year J20 with a GM alt from factory that has not been off the truck for over 15 years and when it was it was to change the stator for more output since it was a plow truck. It still works. Alt’s that fail earlier these days I feel are more from high under hood temps than anything else because some of the engine compartments are packed pretty tight and alts can get hot in them too.
βœ–

http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-Alternator-died-Advance-Auto-Parts-good-ftopict126962.html
I think shreded belts cause this also. I had one go on me.. had to pick the remains out of the alternator.
-Stan
Add pictures here
βœ–
"dl" wrote:

Better than Auto Zone Parts. I got a alt there 4 years ago for someone else car (a GM car) and it is still going strong today.
βœ–