Alternator Problem

Page 3 of 4

"If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!"
I disagree about the evidence. And, I have the Spirit of the Lord to bear witness to waht I teach.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Well, you and your imaginary friend go have a good time with that.
--

Howdya like that... we started playing guitar to impress the chicks and wind
up talkin' fingernails with old men.

Here in America we don't have lords.
Joseph Smith was a crook who robbed people and fled in the dead of night to get away from his victims after his fraudulent bank was discovered to be a fraud. Did your lords tell you about that?
--
http://desertphile.org
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:30:10 -0700, Steve Daniels wrote:

And many who think that their denomination will save them.
Matt 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' NKJV
Too many follow XXX religion. They rely on church membership to save them. Jesus came to restore a relationship, not establish a religion or denomination. It is ONLY through a relationship with Jesus, eternal God, the great I AM (poor translation, more accurately it is I ALWAYS AM).
John 14:6 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. NKJV
Acts 4:10-12 0 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we *must* be saved." NKJV
Many follow Buddha as a god, but he NEVER claimed to be a god, nor did he appear to even believe in gods. He was, however, a good student of human nature. Buddhists reject their own founder!
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:24:27 -0500, Michael Dobony

Meaningless, and untrue.

Superstitious ignorance by chance?

You need to understand a few things, like probability and odds, self serving acts, imaginary things, etc.
For example namen a "100% accurate prophecies"? Now, how's that different from any other guess? And WTF is 'emptied grave clothes'? That's a new one for me...
Does this have anything at all to do with GM autos??
hls wrote:

So, it's on-topic when you have something to say, but when you are done you turn into a NetCop?
Just trying to clarify...

Im not a net cop, but I do object to people taking a thread and going to ridiculous ends. And I have voiced this, as is my right.
Reasonable off topic detours are usually tolerated by all of us. This one is getting into name calling, and religious idealogy, and is crossposted to a lot of other groups.
Now, you have been clarified.
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:06:52 -0500, against all advice, something

Yes.
Chevrolet is of the devil.
--

Howdya like that... we started playing guitar to impress the chicks and wind
up talkin' fingernails with old men.
Thanks, I got a chuckle out of that. The GM vehicles I've had, have treated me well. The first GM I drove was a 1970 Chevrolet Nova. My parents bought it new, and it didn't run quite right for a while. Kept taking it back to the dealer. By the time I was able to drive, it ran fine. By the time we junked it, it had rusted to the point the springs were coming up into the trunk. But, it ran just fine. Straight six engine, and got consistently 16 MPG. My next car was an 8 cylinder Dodge Dart that got 10 MPG and would not start when it was wet. I shoulda had the Nova welded up, and kept driving it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Aw, gee... Someone asking for reality! <bg>
No, but gotta admit, things have been slow around here for a while.
No, but fortunately the subject line allows you to filter out the thread, or ignore it. I agree, it's way off topic for automobile news group. And, for that, I do apologize.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:35:29 -0400, PeterD wrote:

You obviously never took sociology. There is religion and belief in some sort of god in every culture.

Not with EVERY culture having some sort of supernatural god. Also, every continent has a Genesis story that is concept for concept matched in the Book of Genesis through the Tower of Babel.

I have an A in probability and statistics, including graduate level.

No psychic has been 100% accurate, especially hundreds of years in advance. The death of Christ happened exactly 483 years after the event predicted almost 100 years before the event, the rebuilding of the wall, commissioned by a foreign king, also predicted almost 100 years earlier. Before the captivity in Babylon the year of the return was predicted accurately. That is not a guess. Christ's method of execution was described hundreds of years before the method of death was invented. And you call these guesses? Not a single prophecy to date has failed.
And WTF is 'emptied grave clothes'?

The grave cloths of Jesus were still in the tomb and not unwrapped. Only the napkin that holds the jaw in place was out of place and folded neatly to the side. The body of Jesus was removed without disturbing the wrappings with 75 pounds of spices mixed in them. It would have been impossible to even unwrap the body. The grave clothes would have had to have been cut apart to remove the body, but they were fully intact other than the above mentioned napkin.
Below is a summary of Mormon teachings. Because many people are ill informed about what Mormons really teach, it's a good idea to meet with real Mormons, and even attend real Mormon Sunday services, at least once. ================================= THE ARTICLES OF FAITH.
In the spring of 1842, the Prophet Joseph Smith sent a letter to John Wentworth, who was editor of a newspaper called the Chicago Democrat. This letter contained an account of many of the events of early Church history. The document also contained thirteen statements outlining Latter-day Saint beliefs. These have come to be known as the Articles of Faith, which are given below.
The Articles of Faith are official doctrine of the Church and have been canonized as a part of latter-day scripture. They are clear statements of belief that help members understand the basic beliefs of the Church and explain these beliefs to others. They are not, however, a complete summary of Church doctrine. Through living prophets, the Church is guided by continuous revelation and inspiration.
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul--We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
Joseph Smith.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:06:10 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

He also claimed to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics. He was proven a liar and fraud after the Rosetta Stone was discovered.
Scholars say Joseph was a liar. The Spirit of the Lord says he was a prophet. Hmmm. Tough decision... not.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:02:09 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So the Rosetta Stone is a lie? Prove the Spirit of the Lord who sits on the throne of Heaven says he is a prophet. He is a proven liar. A liar is not a prophet of the God who created the universe.
Shake hands and go to your corners...Then leave, please
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:02:09 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Yes, and a crook: he robbed people and enslaved people. Nice guy, eh?
--
http://desertphile.org