Alternator Problem

There is no 'god' in Buddhism. Buddhism is a philosophy, not a traditional 'god fearing' religion.

Reply to
PeterD

And many who think that their denomination will save them.

Matt 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' NKJV

Too many follow XXX religion. They rely on church membership to save them. Jesus came to restore a relationship, not establish a religion or denomination. It is ONLY through a relationship with Jesus, eternal God, the great I AM (poor translation, more accurately it is I ALWAYS AM).

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. NKJV

Acts 4:10-12

0 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we *must* be saved." NKJV

Many follow Buddha as a god, but he NEVER claimed to be a god, nor did he appear to even believe in gods. He was, however, a good student of human nature. Buddhists reject their own founder!

Reply to
Michael Dobony

"If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!"

Reply to
Heron McKeister

You obviously never took sociology. There is religion and belief in some sort of god in every culture.

Not with EVERY culture having some sort of supernatural god. Also, every continent has a Genesis story that is concept for concept matched in the Book of Genesis through the Tower of Babel.

I have an A in probability and statistics, including graduate level.

No psychic has been 100% accurate, especially hundreds of years in advance. The death of Christ happened exactly 483 years after the event predicted almost 100 years before the event, the rebuilding of the wall, commissioned by a foreign king, also predicted almost 100 years earlier. Before the captivity in Babylon the year of the return was predicted accurately. That is not a guess. Christ's method of execution was described hundreds of years before the method of death was invented. And you call these guesses? Not a single prophecy to date has failed.

And WTF is 'emptied grave clothes'?

The grave cloths of Jesus were still in the tomb and not unwrapped. Only the napkin that holds the jaw in place was out of place and folded neatly to the side. The body of Jesus was removed without disturbing the wrappings with 75 pounds of spices mixed in them. It would have been impossible to even unwrap the body. The grave clothes would have had to have been cut apart to remove the body, but they were fully intact other than the above mentioned napkin.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Actually, that's distinctly not what I wrote. Or meant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I disagree about the evidence. And, I have the Spirit of the Lord to bear witness to waht I teach.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Scholars say Joseph was a liar. The Spirit of the Lord says he was a prophet. Hmmm. Tough decision... not.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So the Rosetta Stone is a lie? Prove the Spirit of the Lord who sits on the throne of Heaven says he is a prophet. He is a proven liar. A liar is not a prophet of the God who created the universe.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Shake hands and go to your corners...Then leave, please

Reply to
hls

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:59:28 -0400, against all advice, something compelled "Stormin Mormon" , to say:

Well, you and your imaginary friend go have a good time with that.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Here in America we don't have lords.

Joseph Smith was a crook who robbed people and fled in the dead of night to get away from his victims after his fraudulent bank was discovered to be a fraud. Did your lords tell you about that?

Reply to
Desertphile

Yes, and a crook: he robbed people and enslaved people. Nice guy, eh?

Reply to
Desertphile