~Another Cadillac Question

Hi people!!

I have always driven Buick Centuries and now it's time to buy another. I want to trade in my 99 for an 05 and they generally seem priced at around $18K Cdn with

30 to 40K Km on the dial vise about $25K for a new one. Now I am getting on in life and I have always thought I'd like to own a Cadi so I took a look around and found an 04 Deville with 15K Km on the odometer and it didn't even look as if anyone had ever sat in the car. BTW this was at a very reputable GM dealer and the car is being sold under their Optimum used car plan.

I just wondered if it would be foolish to stray from my tried and true Century and go with the Cadi. They don't appear to burn much more gas and I was told that all the servicing was free plus the warranty was for 80K km vice 60K km with the Buick. I am a tad worried about the cost of repair after the warranty is over. The Cadi should be quite reliable though.

Any thoughts!!??

Reply to
Lowell Cummings

As with any used car - Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware.

Is it a base model DeVille??

If you can have a mechanic check it out even better. Make sure every electrical device works. No matter how good it looks it could be a smash & trade, a former rental car, or it could be the queen of the crop.

The Caddy is a hell of alot faster than a Century.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 23,653 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks Harry

I am not to worried about anything mechanical to do with the car because it still has 65K km warranty left on it and the GM Optimum seal of approval is gold, so I have lots of miles to find any bugs.

Not familiar with what is or is not their base model. This thing seems to have everything you could possibly want and more. I have never seen leather seats in better condition.

Well,, Thanks again Harry

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
Lowell Cummings

You will probably enjoy the Cadillac. If you plan to keep it past the warranty period, please invest in whatever the longest and best GM extended warranty is, because repairs on these cars can be "huge".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Right on Ian

My biggest problem (44 year of marriage) is that the wife is somewhat averse to the Cadillac. What's the word she used? "ostentatious". I, on the other hand, just like the car. I like the ride, comfort, safety and amenities, I like seat position one or two.

After digging fox holes and living in black flies for 35 years in the service, I kind of like the idea of pampering my butt a little.

(O: (O:

Reply to
Lowell Cummings

Lowell, go ahead and enjoy life a tad. Ostentatious? Since I don't know its meaning, I can safely pose the next question: You wanted a nice wife when you chose HER, didn't you? Why lower your sights when choosing a car? And let it embrace you both in luxury! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Thanks

No question but I'm enjoying the hell out of the good life. Can't trade in the wife now! No more warranty left on the old girl. (O:

Have a good one yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Lowell Cummings