Another sign of GM's desperation

In the automotive business (at least at Toyota Motor Sales), "year to date" generally refers to calendar year to date ("CYTD"), as Jeff pointed out. Vehicle sales are generally reported as YTD or CYTD unit sales.

The automakers report fiscal results as fiscal year to date ("FYTD").

Occasionally, sales of a particular series, i.e., Camry, Corolla, Echo, etc. will be reported as model year to date ("MYTD") to compare a model year to model year sales.

Reply to
Ray O

Naturally you are entitled to you personal opinion. Daewoo cars does not exist, at least in the US. The cars made in the former Daewoo assemble plants in Korea, that are sold by GM in the US are Suzuki models. The Korean brands sold in the US are Hyundai and KIA. Hyundai cars outrank similar Toyota and Honda models in survey done in the US.

Hyundai dealers recently allowed customers to ran a comparison test drive, between their car, a Civic, Corolla and a Focus. All were equipped the same. The price difference among the four cars from the Corolla down to the Hyundai was $5,100. The Corolla was the most expensive followed by the Civic, Focus, Sonata.

I personnly do not drive small cars and I no longer buy import brands but the question for one who does should be, is a Corolla worth 30% more to me than a Sonata? Particurally when the Hyundai has a 100K warranty and the price differance will buy ALL of the fuel for a Sonata for the three to four year the average American new car buy keeps their car before buying another new car.

Courier fleets use hundreds of those as well as Neon's, Corollas, Focus, VW, Civics and others. Courier cars are generally run around the clock and easily accumulate 100K or more a year. They remain is service from three to five years.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are entitle to you own opinion but your statements are not factual. I have always said Toyota make great cars. I have also said, from what I've seen in my many years in the business, every other manufacturer today is making great cars as well. If pointing out that Toyota have problem on occasion make me a troll in you mind them I'm a troll but the fact is EVERY manufacturer makes some that are not up to snuff on occasion, the average for all manufactures including Toyota and Honda is around 2%, that is why they all offer a warranty, even Rolls Royce. You in the Toyota and Honda NGs, who cross post to domestic brands NGs to denigrate their vehicles, and praise those you buy, are the real trolls.

Our records over the years show the only real difference is style and price. I never suggest to anybody that the buy a particular brand, domestic or foreign, but rather that they drive ALL those that suit their needs, get a total drive home price for each and buy the ONE that suits their budget.

I do not own a GM vehicle and I personally no longer buy Toyotas or Lexus because my purchasing experiences proved to me after around a dozen of their vehicles, that Toyota and it dealers over price their vehicles and their service and many of their models are not only overpriced but underpowered compared to others in the market place. If others choose Toyota, that their choice, I could not care less.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And Mike is the foremost authority in non-factual statements.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

Nobody has ever called it that succinctly before, Gordon.

LOL

Thanks!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

It is??? Damn, there sure are a lot of "dummies" around here.

Reply to
Hairy

Are you kidding, of course a Corolla is worth 30% more than a Sonata. You're comparing perfection with crap.

Reply to
simon

And when you look in the mirror the anal sphincter you see says what to you?

Reply to
Double Tap

It says there's still a heap of shit there.

Reply to
simon

When you run out of facts to support you arguments we expect you will always resort to personal attacks as you always do. What's next vulgarities? LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps in your opinion, the Corolla is indeed a great car but not worth anything near the selling price and certainly not worth the price for the parts. At least that what shows up when both are used in courier service. That is why the courier fleets are buying more Hyundai's today than Toyotas.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike, your comments about how Toyotas retain a smaller percentage of the value of Fords shows that you make lots of non-factual statements. Or the one that the 200 cc engine that ford makes is bigger than the 1.8 liter engine that Toyota makes (ford makes a 2000 cc engine, not 200 cc

- unless they make small ones for their tractors). In addition, you said that Ford's Focus with the bigger engine is more fuel efficient than the

1.8 liter engine that Toyota makes, even though Ford's own comparison chart shows that is not the case and that the Honda Civic has an 1.8 liter engine that gets better mileage and has more power.

Gordon's comments are not a personal attack. Gordon's comments are a statement of opinion, one that is supported by your comments.

Mike, you stick your foot in your mouth way too much, especially when it is so easy for one (i.e., you) to verify one's (i.e., your) facts before stating them, and just as easy for others (e.g., me or anyone else with a working brain and internet connection) to verify them (or show that they are wrong).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Apparently, in Simon's opinion, Toyotas are not only a great car, but they worth their selling price. I believe he feels they are worth the price for the parts, too.

Maybe in your opinion, they're not. However, please don't put words in other people's mouths.

Maybe if simon starts a courier service, he will by hyundais or Fords.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news:BJqdnXgAqpovHsLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

There's no doubt you have a lot of knowledge about the industry Mike, your problem is that you can't accept facts and reality about what is taking place and why it happened. The old monopoly of the Big 3 is gone forever and hiring mostly unskilled workers and paying them 60-80 thousand a year, combined with equally outrageous CEO and upper management salaries and bonuses, and a culture developed while operating as a monopoly, killed the golden goose.

Reply to
tango

The question doesn't apply to me. Who were you speaking to?

Reply to
Coffee Lover

29F Degrees hu? Ok, yeah you have the big brain.
Reply to
Coffee Lover

That's true, maybe even put some GM dealerships next to a K-Mart or Target too.

Reply to
Coffee Lover

The question does apply to you, hence the reason I hit the "Reply to Sender" button.

Reply to
80 Knight

You actually hit "Reply to Group" but if you did reply to snipped-for-privacy@Never.ok , then I think we know who has less IQ (sic).

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

This must be an inside job. Watch the Toyota and Honda car sales increase even more.

Reply to
highkm