Answering Your Questions About the Chevy Volt

Page 2 of 2
In other words you have not problem with the Japs robbing the American taxpayers by taking all of the profit earned in the US, back to Japan to help their workers and manufactures since WWII, you only have a problem with
American taxpayers helping American Manufactures and American workers to keep their jobs, right? You are king of the loonies in this NG LOL

CAW and UAW supported saddling more debt for me to pay, basically selling out fellow citizens. I do not agree with the lack of respect to others by supporting the taxation system for the corrupt corporations of America.
So why should I give a rats dead ass about traitors to us as fellow citizens? If they can't respect my right to financial liberty from corporate corrupt GM tax, then sorry, I really don't care what happens to them.
In fact, it is why I will not every buy or rent a GM/Chrysler/GMAC/CAW/UAW/Carlyle/Cerberus vehicle or servce again. I do not wish to support the selfish bastards.
On 09/01/2010 2:58 PM, Mike Hunter wrote:

In other words you have not problem with the Japs robbing the American taxpayers by taking all of the profit earned in the US, back to Japan to help their workers and manufactures since WWII, you only have a problem with American taxpayers helping American Manufactures and American workers to keep their jobs, right? You are king of the loonies in this NG LOL

Mike Hunter wrote:

<snip>
That abysmal title, King of the Loonies, falls to Mikey. A pity the likes of you decrie Americans having jobs at Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. You really, really must hate Americans Mikey-your Bad.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

In other words you have not problem with the Japs robbing the American taxpayers by taking all of the profit earned in the US, back to Japan to help their workers and manufactures since WWII, you only have a problem with American taxpayers helping American Manufactures and American workers to keep their jobs, right? You are king of the loonies in this NG LOL

Mike Hunter wrote:

Calling someone a Loon is funny coming from you. A lot of Americans (remember them Mikey?) have *jobs* courtesy of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. So if Americans don't work for bailout heroin shooting employers they should be taken down? Shame on the likes of you Mikey. But what would you know of shame?
--
Civis Romanus Sum

On 07/01/2010 4:09 PM, hls wrote:

Agreed. Looks like he wants to by my pet rat.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

I think you'll always need a gas engine for A/C. A few HP will do it. Not too complicated, and pretty efficient. Might do double duty as a gas heater or that would be separate. Had a gas heater in one of my old air-cooled Bugs. Those sucked quite a bit of gas. And you felt like you had a ready bomb in front of you. Bigger problem for cold climates than warm I think. Looked at a Prius forum and the Canadians said to dress warmly when it gets bitter. One fellow insulated his doors. Seems they would have thought of that. With my Bug that didn't have the gas heater, I put 6" batt insulation on all the floors - and it made a big difference. Still had to scrape ice from the window insides though. And always bundle up. One of realities of efficiency is less waste heat to use.
--Vic
Years ago I had a VW 412 Wagon that came with a gas heater. The heater fired a glow plug that ignited the gas. It made a tick-tick-tick sound each time it fired. I remember thinking it was like a ticking time bomb LOL. It did work quite well to heat the car ... until the heater box rusted out

JimG wrote:
( A company is being) formed to service the "battery car" industry. They propose to open service stations nationwide to provide a drive-through swap of fully charged batteries for depleted units.
They claimed to be able to complete the replacement within a few minutes, comparable to current time for a gasoline fill-up.
The logistics would be about the same if the business involved substituting full gasoline tanks for empty ones.
The station would need above-ground storage for the full tanks, and for the empties waiting to be reprocessed. All car brands would have to be built with identical tank receptacles, mounting provisions and connection hardware. Employees would have to be hired to do the exchange because drivers would be physically unable to handle the tank removal and installation.
It's a creative concept that needs some more study.
Rodan.
You are confused, again. In the scenario you describe the Volt could quite easily make the round trip. The generator would automatically start to supply more than enough voltage to complete your normal commute of 48 miles a day round trip. It would completely recharge while being plugged in at your home over night.

You are confused, the Volt is a POC by design.
The whole idea of a hybrid is stupid. Two drive trains to maintain and expensive batteries. Complex for no reason. Bad idea. Want electric so others can burn the carbon and you don't, go 100% electric and rent gas for the long hauls.