Antenna Won't Go Down

1993 Buick Regal. When I turn the radio off I can hear the motor trying to pull it back in. I cleaned the antenna with WD40 but that didn't help. I can
manually push the antenna only about half way in. Help and thanks. Bill

Yeah, that'll happen. Most likely, the gears within the motor are shot/broken. The motor assembly can be replaced. That assembly is below the antenna mast, inside the fender well. If you don't really need the mast to go up/down, you can just pull the mast up and then remove the fuse.
Dave S(Texas)
Most common problem is the plastic tab breaks off that pulls the antenna down. Some places sell replaceable masts, and you can connect it to the existing motor.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~294,757 miles_~_~_
Sounds good to me. Can you give me a few places I might check for the part? I live in the DFW area in Texas.

Try an automotive Radio installers center. Radio Shack might also have them, but not sure.
Your car dealer may also sell replaceable masts, as well.
Basically its the collapsable antenna with a spool of plastic line connected to the bottom of the antenna that you are getting. The plastic line runs up to the top of the antenna. The line coils around a take up wheel on the motor thus pulling the antenna down or pushing it up..
As I mentioned before the plastic tab broke off probably where it connects to the take up wheel. I never heard of anyone actually fixing a broken line before.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~294,824 miles_~_~_
Thank HF. I'll see if I can find the mast. Don't want to go through the dealer unless I have to. Thanks for all your help and I may even need some help installing it. Bill