Anti-Lock brake problem for '91 Buick Regal GS

My Anti-Lock brake warning light is always flashining on and off yet the brakes seem to be working fine.

Anyone have this problem and any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Reply to
Joe Dirt

Often times it's a bad wheel bearing/abs sensor. The sensor is an integral part of the bearing and hug assembly. Some times it's as simple as a wiring connection, but more often the ABS sensor in the hub. If you know how to drive properly without ABS, it's no big deal.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On 3/12/06 10:00 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, "Joe Dirt" spewed forth this gibberish...

Wheel speed sensor is the likely cause.. Piece of electrical tape solves the light problem but the ABS generally doesn't work when the light is on.

Reply to
Michael Keefe

If by always flashing on and off, you mean that it flashes constantly then it may be flashing a code. My neighbor's 1990 pickup had a flashing brake light and it was a code indicating a problem with his ABS. Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sun, Mar 12, 2006, 7:00pm (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (Joe=A0Dirt) My Anti-Lock brake warning light is always flashining on and off yet the brakes seem to be working fine. Anyone have this problem and any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Reply to
James Fedorawicz