Anti-Theft Device in Grand Am in relation to spark plug change

I am about to change my spark plugs and wires and the book says I have to undo the negative cable on my battery and turn off or bypass the Anti-theft device. Can anyone tell me what to do or if I have to do this
to change my spark plugs? Thanks in advance!
No reason I can think off to disconnect the battery unless you got sloppy and grounded a live wire somewhere.

-
This is a standard warning to prevent you from shorting something out like the battery hot terminal. Some hot connectors are left uncovered in a lot of cars....