Antifreeze on the floorboard

Yep, the heater core went blippo. First sign was smell, when I turned on the heater few days ago. This morning, green pool on the passenger side
floor mat.
Same vehicle, 94 Blazer S-10, 4.3L V6.
Got the GM service manual from books4cars website. Says I have to remove the instrument panel to get to the heater core. Have the replacement in hand. Is there a way around this monstrous job of removing the instrument panel? ............ Jonny
No!!!, Good Luck!

-
On 1/23/06 8:02 PM, in article 1138064770 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net, "Shep"

And make sure you mark and count the plugs/screws/ etc.. Keep a journal and putting it back together will be a lot easier..
I've replaced 3 heater cores, from Chevys to BMW's. They all say you have to remove the entire dash and instrument cluster. I've never had to. Hell, the BMW manual even wanted me to remove the steering wheel and shaft. Worst case I ever had was where I had to just *loosen* the upper dash.
Work carefully and loosen only what you have to. Take off all the lower dash parts ;that's where it is, anyway. Have an inspection mirror, and some good lights. Plan on taking your time; if you have one, take a few pics with a digital camera.
Ripping the whole dash and instrument cluster off is for shops who have a limited time to do the work, but your budget to work with. It makes sense for them to do it that way, but not for an individual trying to save a buck.
By the way, I wear extra-large gloves - if my hams can get in there, odds are yours can.
P.S. Forget the GM service manual on this, and get a Haynes.
-= Larry A.