any do-it-yourself garage in Toronto area?

Are there any do-it-yourself garage in Toronto area? By this I mean one of those place where they will rent you by the hour a hydraulic hoist to lift your car up so you can work underneath it? There used to be one on Greenwood Ave but I heard they shutdown.

Reply to
Joseph

"Joseph" wrote in news:1163660762.949448.203310 @i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

A friend of mine lived in an apt. and couldn't work on his cars there and grew tired of it. So he found an abandoned filthy, junk filled shop with tall weeds outside on the outskirts of town. He called the number on the sign and ended up renting the place for $500/month. He got a great deal on it because he agreed to clean it up. There was even a small apartment on top of it. So he gave up his $500/month apt. and moved into a shop/apt for $500/month! Tha apt. was pretty nasty, but he put up new drywall/paint, had new carpet installed, and bought some scratch and dent cabinets/appliances from Lowe's to keep his gf happy. And got a huge rent credit for all that work. Anyway, the shop turned into an auto repair business for him, so he quit his factory job that he hated. The things you can do when you're single!

Reply to
grappletech

If you don't mind a drive, there is one in downtown Hamilton. I checked last year about this time of year and it was $15 an hour. The girl running it said it came with a hoist and set of tools in each bay.

Reply to
anon

I have always wondered why there seem to be few to none of these in the USA. Maybe the litigious attitudes would make it unworkable.

We have them here in Norway.

Reply to
hls

I would appreciate you tell me where this is. Cause frankly Hamilton is only 40 minutes drive for me. :)

Reply to
Joseph

Here's a link,

anon