Any Talk of a New Firebird?

Back around the start of the year (2007) there was a lot of Internet talk of a Pontiac being allowed to design the next generation Firebird. All based on the release of photos from the up-coming 2009 (2010?) Camero. However, this has seem to have died down.

Having been off the Net for sometime, have lost track of the rumor mill. Has anyone heard anything? Been a Trans Am man since 1977 and currently on number 4 (1975, 1978, 1979 and currently a 1995, all are second hand.) Never was in the right position to buy a new one (paying for college, Carter's resession, getting married, buying house, graduate school having kids, normal life.) Now that I'm on the near side of 50, would sure like to buy a NEW one, ordered MY way before I check-out.

So, anyone hearing anything or know of a web site that keeps track? Have already E-Mail Pontiac through their web site and got the "Thanks for you comments, nice idea, will get back to you" response.

Thanks.

Reply to
brxsep