Anyone have a minivan they can comment on?

I am looking for a smaller minivan - between 2002 and 2003 (can't afford anything newer than that - don't want anything older).
A friend of mine has a Pontiac Montana that she loves and it is quite
shorter than most of the vans out there. Problem is, hers is a 1999 and they started making them longer (too long to fit in my garage) as of 2000.
The Kia Sedona seems to be a little bit more compact of a minivan, but they're poorly reviewed. Can anyone recommend a smaller, but reliable, minivan? Can't afford the newer CUVs, but they would be perfect.
Thanks! Paula

The Pontiac Montana comes in different length's. I have a 2001, and it's the shorter version. It can still hold up to 7 people, but the longer version has added trunk room.
On Thu, 17 May 2007 23:50:51 -0700, Pokee rebooted the Etch-A-Sketch and scribbled:

AFAIK, the montana is a re-badged Nissan Quest.
I had a 2002 Sedona for five years and about 80K miles before I finally got a real truck (my Avalanche). It was a great van - if a bit small in legroom. My 5'3" wife liked it a lot.
http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/17
That's a picture of her offroading in it in Sedona, AZ.
It had great power, good comfort and nice featues. Once you got rid of the initial problems with the wiring and alternator (all should be covered by now and fleshed out a few years ago. I'd heard that the 2.9L diesel had some oil pump issues, but since we don't even get the diesel version in the US there's no problem.
I'd by another Kia in a heartbeat if they had a real truck. In fact, right now I'm comparing the new Sedona with the GMC Acadia for my wife.

I think the poster was confused the Nissan Quest is not a Montana, but a Mercury Villiager.
IMHO, if you are going to drive a van, go for the extra length as they handle about the same. But you have a garage issue. The Mazda MPV is a downsized van. I recently drove a Chrysler, and it seemed smaller but I didn't measure it.
Most newer garages will fit even a suburban, but I guess you have explored the max dimensions.
I had a Chevy Venture for a few years. All the GM minivans come in two lengths. The short version is a bit cheaper to buy. Personally I have always needed the extra length. Watch out for intake manifold gasket problems on any older than 03 model year (perhaps someone can correct me on the exact date) Watch out for premature rust on the tailgate and rocker panels. Mine had rust needing repair at five years of age. Watch out for paint failure, as in peeling paint, especially if the van is white.
I got rid of my Chev Venture and bought an 03 ford windstar. I have driven the ford for about 9 months now and am delighted with it.
--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft

Most of us want extra length, but what does that have to do with vans?
My son had a Venture for about 4 years. I drove it on some long trips and found it to be a pretty good vehicle. Rode well, handles OK at highway speeds. If I needed a van, I'd not hesitate to buy one.