Anyone own a Buick LeSabre?

These are questions about a 1994 Buick LeSabre Custom edition.
1. In the wood trim on the right side of the steering wheel near the HVAC controls, there are nine holes in the shape of a square. What is
this, and is there any purpose?
2. The cruise control seems to turn on only once when the engine is on, and even though it says it's on, it doesn't work. It happens to "shut off" after 5-30 seconds too. What causes this problem and how do you fix it?
3. The transmission seems to "surge" in the overdrive gear. What is this caused by?
4. Were the 94' LeSabres equipped with remote keyless entry standard? I read in the manual about them and it doesn't say.
Please help. Thanks!
~Scott
The holes in the dash are the in car temp sensor for the auto climate control. The surge can be a fuel or ignition or trans problem, no way to define in this area. It should be scanned to look for the basics, and road tested by a technician, the cruise needs a step by step check out also cannot pinpoint in this forum. RMKE was available in the luxury edition.

I wondered about those hole too- can I add another question- how do you reset the Change Oil dashboard warning light on a 1992 Lesabre??? Its not in the glove compartment - where did they hide it?
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:19:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Scott K) wrote:

bn wrote:

I had a similar model of Buick, so this advice is worth a try. See if there is a plastic case beneath the glove box, above the passenger floor. See if there is a small round hole in it. Stick a sharp-pointed pencil into the hole, and see if you can feel and hear something click very faintly (a microswitch). If so, then that is the oil reset switch. So, get the pencil ready, push it in, click, and then turn the ignition key from Off to On, still holding the pencil in for 5-10 seconds. The reset should be finished then.
---Bob Gross---