Anyone With A 2009 LaCrosse And A Garmin GPS; Mounting Of Question

Hi,
For anyone with a 2009 Buick LaCrosse and a Garmin gps:
I'm about to buy a Garmin Nuvi 1450 gps; the larger 5" model.
A bit concerned about a Dashboard mounting for it.
Really don't want a windshield mount if I can avoid it.
Eyesight is not great, and would prefer to mount it close.
Seem to be a zillion mounts available.
Anyone know from experience what might be a good one for my car ?
Much thanks; appreciate it.
Bob

Bob, there is a bean bag mount for the Garmin. IIRC, it is about $20 or so. No gluing or tapes involves so easily removed. I've not tried it, but others that have like it. You may want to ask on the Garmin group for experiences.
Bob wrote, "A bit concerned about the mounting..." ************************************ RadioShack carries (or used to) a carrying case which zips open to display the screen as the bottom is a heavy beanbag with a non-skid surface which sets on the dashboard -- or in our case the slide-out cupholder located lower in mid-dash. Then when not in use you just fold it shut and zip it. About $40 and we think it works beautifully, very happy with it.
I have a 1490 and use the new Garmin Friction Mount (Amazon ~$24) that is a flexible, rubber dashboard mount with a sticky bottom surface. You can twist the rubber to configure it to the particular surface of the dashboard and it will hold this configuration. The sticky surface doesn't leave a permanent mark on the dashboard. I have used this mount for about 6 months and, while it remains sticky, that surface now contains bits of dust etc. In related news, I had a 2610 on a beanbag mount. That mount relied on the weight of the beanbag to hold it to the dashboard surface. The sticky rubber mount does a better job holding the GPS on the dashboard.