Arabian Chevy Caprice?

I saw this alluded to in another thread. What do you know about the Arabian Chevy Caprice? Is it RWD? It appears to offer the 350 c.i. and the 3800 c.c. engines. Sounds like the same offerings as the late Firebirds/
Camaros. What platform is it built on? Is it body/frame or unibody? Could this be imported to USA?
http://www.chevroletarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/SA/en/GBPSA/chevrolet/models/caprice/caprice_overview.htm
No they can't be imported, they don't have the same emissions as US requirements. They also make a Chevy Lumina SS RWD with the Corvette LS1 engine. From what understand they aren't cheap over there either.
Brian

Oopps forgot the URL
http://www.supercars.net/garages/Wheelman/5v2.html

And another
http://www.gmarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/SA/en/GBPSA/chevrolet/models/lumina/lumina_overview.htm

These are all made by Holden and exported to the middle east.
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/corporateinfo/exports/exports.jsp
In Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria and Yemen, left hand drive Commodores are marketed as Chevrolet Luminas
Holden's export portfolio expanded in 1999, with the first shipments of long wheelbase left hand drive Holden Statesman models to the Middle East. Branded as the Chevrolet Caprice, sporting the Generation III V8 engine and available in three levels - LS, LTZ and SS - these models satisfy the Middle Eastern markets' preference for large, powerful rear wheel drive vehicles.

The Pontiac GTO is a rebranded Holden Monaro.
If these are ever imported, it would likely be the Commodore that is imported (basically a 4 door version of the Monaro/GTO)

That's correct. Holden is the name GM sells under in the East.
Brian
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!

I guess they can afford the 10mpg.

Brian
Dunno about the Gen III 350 5.7L V8, but the 5.7L LS1 V8 can expect 18 city and 28 highway (best cases). Usually around 16 and 26 in my experience, and that's with USA emissions limitations. Not too bad for about a 350HP engine.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.