Are the Super White Plasma Xenon Bulbs any good?

I have been thinking of buying a set of these Xenon Bulbs to add some headlamp brightness for driving at night. Are they really cracked up to what they claim?? Do you get more brightness?
or is it just for cool factor?
I really hate those lights!!!!! This is one type of light that I would like to see outlawed. I know that it's up to the individual but, is the small gain in visibility really worth aggravating other drivers?
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveninces attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~