Are there Shop Manuals on CD-ROM?

Hello, Anyone know of a place that sells Factory Shop Manuals on CD-Rom?
Because the books are too expensive, most are over $100. And i only need it for my personal use.
I need one for a 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS.
Thanks!.
The CDROMs are even more expensive, but contain many vehicles manuals. www.helminc.com
On 24 Mar 2006 13:56:16 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net"

Have you tried the AllData subscription yet? It's $25 per year.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

...and I think CarQuest sponsors/sells at least some facets of the AllData program. But if you buy a cd, chances are you'd not get updated info thru-out the year as you would by using Mike's suggestion to use a subscription service--esp. applicable on relatively new vehicles. s

Access to the complete TSB library for a given car was worth it to me - at least for one car. I was chasing a stupid problem for a long time, and even posted twice about it here. Never got an answer that I either "wanted" to hear, or that seemed appropriate - though some of the answers did show that the folks who responded had looked into my question to some degree.
Lo and behold I discovered there was a TSB on the the issue. Should probably have gone down to the the GM dealership the next business day and simply looked at it, but I was antsy, so I subscribed and got my answer immediately. Had the car fixed in a matter of minutes.
Since I was paid up for a year, I spent some time here and there looking at what was published in the subscription and it's pretty good information. Probably worth the $25 for anyone doing work and needing more than surface level information. It's certainly less than the first hour of work you're going to pay for in a shop somewhere.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Hi mike, I subscribed to AllData for my '95 Park Ave. I find it better than nothing, and even helpful, but not very well organized. It's very hard to find all the pertinent info on a topic, and some info just isn't there. E.G., right now I'm trying to find the part number for the passenger air mix valve actuator. I don't know if this is simply info missing from the shop manual, or if AllData just left it out of their indexing, or what. I consider myself well experienced in using online documentation, but in this case would prefer a paper document.
Ed

I know what you mean about the documentation. I too find it helpful, but not exhaustive.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Yeah, I tried Alldata and it did not have what i needed. So i cancel my subscription.
I think i will try to find a used factory shop manual on Ebay.
Meanwhile i am going to get a Chilton manual.
Don't waste money on the Chilton. Spend the money for the real manual.
On 30 Mar 2006 20:45:36 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net"

Thanks to everyone that replied!
I will try the AllData.
:)