Article on 2003 Chevy cooling fans

Interesting article on 2003 Chevy cooling fans: http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/sept2006/techtips.cfm

Paul,
VERY interesting article. Just another example of what I've said - the modern car is actually just a computer with wheels.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

All too true, Bill, and just like computers, garbage in, garbage out. Although I am an electronics hobbyist, worked in electronics repair to help put myself through college, I really hate overengineered and unreliable electrical systems in some of the cars today.
hls wrote:

It would be nice if cars came with computers that were user-accessible. I always thought the fact that you have to have a tech-2 tool to do anything with the computers was total BS.
Jody Lee Bruchon wrote:

Espically on newer cars like the 2003 Impala mentioned where the radio is interfaced to the computer and has some control over settings in it. I see no reason why they can't make it so you could readout problem codes on the radio display.
Eugene Nine wrote:

The older Cadillacs came with this feature. Pain in the ass to use, but you could do a lot of stuff with it. Used the heater/ac control head interface to do it.
Ian