Article on 2003 Chevy cooling fans

Interesting article on 2003 Chevy cooling fans:

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Paul,

VERY interesting article. Just another example of what I've said - the modern car is actually just a computer with wheels.

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

Reply to
William H. Bowen

All too true, Bill, and just like computers, garbage in, garbage out. Although I am an electronics hobbyist, worked in electronics repair to help put myself through college, I really hate overengineered and unreliable electrical systems in some of the cars today.

Reply to
hls

It would be nice if cars came with computers that were user-accessible. I always thought the fact that you have to have a tech-2 tool to do anything with the computers was total BS.

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

Espically on newer cars like the 2003 Impala mentioned where the radio is interfaced to the computer and has some control over settings in it. I see no reason why they can't make it so you could readout problem codes on the radio display.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

The older Cadillacs came with this feature. Pain in the ass to use, but you could do a lot of stuff with it. Used the heater/ac control head interface to do it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai