Astra coolant leak

Car is running fine with normal temps on gauges. However, I am losing something like 1 liter/200 Km. I have inspected visually the engine and didn't notice any leak.

However, when I open the coolant tank, the level goes considerably up. Then I refill up to the mark, and like these for two weeks now.

Is this normal? Should I take the car to the garage?

Car has about 83K KM, any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

M.

Reply to
mosheatranana

Sounds like it could be the beginnings of the head gasket failing. Have a garage check for exhaust gases in the coolant.

Reply to
gazzafield

Isn't there an over-the-counter test kit for this ??? Someone mentioned it before....but I can't remember what it's called.

Reply to
tedkarast

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to