ATTN : JC Reeves

JCR
There is a nice thread going on in alt.autos.ford about your favorite topic.
Titled : Disable Daytime Running Lights.
========Harryface ========
1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,704 miles_~_~_
:-) Thanks for the tip!

I read the thread. What a hoot! My favorite post was the one that asked... "Does anyone have a owners manual so I can figure out how to work my lights". ROTFL. And somehow the car manufacturers think that making formerly simple control systems more complicated to operate is somehow better. Ya just have to laugh at the nonsense sometimes.
Anyway...thanks for the chuckle! Really enjoyed it!
The real funny part is all the Crown Vics & Marquis I see here don't have DRL's - they have the automatic feature that turns them on when it gets dark out.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,704 miles_~_~_
Here too...very, very few Ford's with DRL's (or Chrysler's/Dodge's/Jeep's/Benz's, or Honda's/Acura's, or Nissan's/Infiniti's, or BMW's, or Jaguar's either for that matter). It's probably fewer than 1% have DRLs among that list since it is a customer option (or a installed feature that is customer controlled by a switch) for those manufacturers. Obviously where people are given the choice, a large majority choose to leave them off (very few people want/like them...obviously!). Read the public comments at the NHTSA and it's probably somewhere over 95% in opposition...many calling for DRLs to be banned outright (won't happen, I'm sure).
But back to the Ford NG discussion. Perhaps the Op lives in Canada where DRL's are required? OR, he has DRL's confused with the "auto" light control...which sounds the most likely from the comments he's made. I can see his dilemma though. It would be impossible to be a private investigator with night survellience duties if one can't *fully* control the operation of their lights (a problem both with DRL equipment AND "auto" equipment when *full* override controls aren't present). I know GM's policy only allows the disabeling of DRL's to government and military that request it on formal letterhead and also sign a agreement to re-enable them upon resale (why GM insunuates themselves in personal matters risking alleniating it's customer base is beyond me). But the says nothing about private investigators (that I remember) OR disabeling the "auto" light control system. Hmmm....