Auto Headlamps BUICK

Hello, The lights on my 99 Park Avenue comes on too soo. I look at other PA, and some of them are not on, Is there some sort of adjusment. I have cleand
around the sensor,, but I wonder do they come on due to my PA being Black, I have only the factory tint that goes across the windshield
thanks
-- Jay Smit
| Hello, The lights on my 99 Park Avenue comes on too soo. I look at other PA, | and some of them are not on, Is there some sort of adjusment. I have cleand | around the sensor,, but I wonder do they come on due to my PA being Black, I | have only the factory tint that goes across the windshield | | thanks | | | -- | Jay Smit | |
I'd check the owner's manual. My neighbor's 2002 LeSabre has a sensitivity slide adjustment for the auto headlamps above the manual light switch.
Jay Smit wrote in alt.autos.gm

other
have
What do you mean by too soon? Do you mean that it is not fully dark when the come on? That really isn't a problem, you know. It is probably safer to have them come on early rather than late. There is a knob or wheel that will adjust how long the lights stay on after you leave the vehicle, and will disable the automatic light system. But I don't know if it adjust the amount of light that is needed to turn on the headlights.
--
Dick #1349
Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.
| Jay Smit wrote in alt.autos.gm | | > Hello, The lights on my 99 Park Avenue comes on too soo. I look at | other | > PA, and some of them are not on, Is there some sort of adjusment. I | have | > cleand around the sensor,, but I wonder do they come on due to my PA | > being Black, I have only the factory tint that goes across the | > windshield | | What do you mean by too soon? Do you mean that it is not fully dark | when the come on? That really isn't a problem, you know. It is | probably safer to have them come on early rather than late.
I agree, they should come on just before the sun sets. Even close to fully dark is way too late.
| There is a knob | or wheel that will adjust how long the lights stay on after you leave | the vehicle, and will disable the automatic light system. But I don't | know if it adjust the amount of light that is needed to turn on the | headlights. |
Could be right...the control may be a "delay" adjustment control and not a "sensitivity" adjustment control. My neighbor who owns the car isn't sure either (neither he or his wife). But then they're just some of many I know that don't know what their car's light controls are or do, which isn't good. :-( The Malibu I once had didn't have such a control.
Do the ambient sensors go bad sometimes? I would think it would either work or not work, but maybe not. Or does the sensor lens possibly darken or cloud over in the intense sunlight? How ever my neighbor has LeSabre set for, all of his lights (tail/marker/reg. headlights) are always on when the car is running, even in bright noon sun. So there must be some control for that somewhere...or his is not working right either. Maybe controlled through the menu panel?
James C. Reeves wrote in alt.autos.gm

PA
I have an 88 Park Avenue, and it had no owner's manual when I bought it. Buick has owner manuals that go back ten years on the web. I downloaded one of those, and it has helped a lot, but still it is not very good. Says very little about the lights. Perhaps there is a supplement for it.

The sensors can go bad from time to time, but it seems to me that if your neighbor's lights are on all the time the car is on, then that is more likely a setting. I don't use my automatic lights, so I have not paid a lot of attention to it. I prefer to turn my lights on and off manualy, rather than put the strain on the battery. You may want to check with the dealer for answers, since Buick does not seem to put a lot of information out about these things.
--
Dick #1349
Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.
Thanks...you wouldn't happen to have the web site URL handy that has the Buick manuals on line would you?
James C. Reeves wrote in alt.autos.gm

You need to register, but here it is: http://www.buick.com
--
Dick #1349
Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.
| James C. Reeves wrote in alt.autos.gm | | > Thanks...you wouldn't happen to have the web site URL handy that has | > theBuick manuals on line would you? | | You need to register, but here it is: | http://www.buick.com | |
Thanks...guess I could have figured that one out.. ;-) I figured it was GMLINK URL or something.
I do have the Twilight Sentinel Set in the Middle, but i know how that function, I have a Sable with that, both my parents Lincoln have that.. I once own a 93 Deville, the headlamps didnt come on to soon in that car. My wifes 98 Century they dont come on as earliest than mine in the Park Avenue. and My inlaws 2000 Lesabre dont either.
I understand the fucntion when sliding the switch it delays how long the headlamps stay on if its in the on position.
The sun hasnt nearly set, befor the lights are on.. Example 7am here its fully daylight,, sometime they are on or if happen to notice they are flicking on and off, but up in the day its no no problem, Thats why i asked is there some sort of way of adjusting them. Through a scantool or some sort. I Have notice on some Parks around that time of afternoon that theres are on too., maybe its the older models 97-99 models, its not a worry, but just curious.
Thanks
Sometimes sensors get knocked loose and fall into dash area where it is dark and this will keep lights on regardless of outside light conditions. Also, something could be lying on top of the dash covering the sensor, fooling it into turning lights on. Roy
I agree, the switch only sets the length of delay at shutoff before lights turn off or disabled the feature. Roy