Auto team drives imports

Page 2 of 2
I would love to hear what the guy has to say when he sees the price he has to pay to have service performed at his Lexus to the dealer, compared to the
cost at the Pontiac dealer. My Lexus dealers shop rate is $115 an hour
Actually the score is more like 1 to 1, as I see it. I have a neighbor who, like me replaces his vehicle every two years. He has run the gamete, English, German, Swedish then Japanese for forty years so. I saw him the other day with a Cadillac CTS.
I got to speak to him yesterday and asked why the Caddy and not another Lexus LS. He told me the dealer was taking him for granted and trying to squeeze extra bucks on every car he was buying and for service. He read the glowing reports on the CTS and decided to take one for a drive. He bought it when he returned to the dealership for ore than $11,000 less than the 2009 Lexus he was considering. I told him dealer arrogance was one of the reasons I stopped buying Lexus V8s, as well. The fact is every manufacturer is building good vehicles today, the only real difference is style and price. The astute buyer will always consider price, even us rich bastards that supply all you used cars you guys live to take, that we no longer want, off our hands ;)

Mike Hunter turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

Both my manager and one of the other exec managers at my work have CTS's. Nice little cars.
I do wish Cadillac made a full size car though, like the early '80s Fleetwoods or the late '70's DeVille models. (I know the DTS is a downsized Deville.)
--
www.perfectreign.com
Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. - Dee

Every one of the last four GM cars I've owned, bought new, had at least one problem or another while under warranty. Having been around machinery and manufacturing most of my life, I know that things can go wrong and "stuff happens". The present US made foreign car has had ZERO problems in over two years and 51,000 miles. Draw your own conclusion, but just like that hot stove is likely to burn me again, GM may do the same. Right now the score is 4 to 1, based on experience, that I'll have a GM car with a problem.
McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, but like GM cars, that does not mean they are the best. The one sitting in my driveway right now is crap.
Apparently many buyers do not share you concerns as it applies to GM, since they are buying more GM vehicles in the US than from any other manufacture. That would suggest your personal animosity toward GM is not felt by current buyers

If you do a search you will discover GM does not sell any new vehicle for $1 or even $1,000. Those that by GM vehicles can drive them home for 20% to 30% less than similarly equipped Jap vehicles of the same size and with the same equipment, even though the Jap reportedly can assemble vehicles in the US for around $2,000 less because the Japs pay their workers less, do not offer benefits that are as good and do not offer a defined pension plan.
Because Japan has always subsided their vehicle manufactures it seems you should be more concerned for the workers in the Jap American assembly plants who are underpaid, as well as the Jap vehicle buyers who are obviously being overcharged.

you can just feel the love on the shop floor when the wealthy jerk ass boss comes around; makes all those bolts get that extra bit of magic that helps them hold on.
Really, is your business that slow? When I owned my shops I rarely had time to do that, I employed top notch people to do that kind of stuff for me. If I was ever required to visit any of the shops it generally led to the guy in charge being let go for not doing HIS job