automatic transmission - engine braking...

When I drive my Buick LeSabre in heavy traffic and take my foot off the gas, the car does not decelerate as well as two other cars I have driven recently, Camry and a Focus. All of these cars are 4-speed automatics. The
Buick is a 6 cylinder while the Camry and Focus were both smaller 4 cylinder engines. It helps to drive the Buick in a lower gear while in traffic, but I found I didn't need to do that in the other two cars. Can anyone explain why this is?
How about gear ratio? When the car is in overdrive it can coast almost as though it was in nuetral. It's possible the other cars downshift at idle but the Buick does not. Also the car is heavier and has more momentum.
??? just some quick thoughts.

gas,
The
cylinder
but
explain
Also, the overdrive transmissions freewheel if you are not driving fast enough for the transmission to shift ot overdrive (around 40-45 mph). Try driving in D rather than overdrive to see if there is a difference. Roy