Automatic transmission problems on a '94 Buick Park Avenue

Page 2 of 2
My sentiment:
Boycott the car companies, till they build this shit better!
Refinish King

Ya know I tried that a while back, but my bicycle kept getting flat tires. Doh!...Stupid Keawe thorns...LOL
GW
Refinish King wrote:

All that would serve to do is put your friends and neighbors that work for them out of a job. The auto industry will survive, they would just automate more and move more work out of the country.
Brian

Try synthetic trans fluid I've seen it " fix " more than one balky trans. Stuff laughs at the heat that turns conventional fluid into worthless crap
LOL
And it works like shit in that 50,000 miles too!
thanks for the mention of that!
Refinish King

Not to change the subject from Mini vans but I have a 94 Park Avenue w/ 129,000 miles. While driving down a mountain pass last week, I used low 2. Afterwards my tranny started winning. While still whinning the next day, I drove up an old horse trail 8 mile 23% grade. Never made it to Cripple Creek, the car overheated making the front 1/4 panels too hot to touch. I got to Wal mart, changed 3 qts of ATF in the parking lot, the whinning stopped and continued my trip in the Rockies. I then drove 900 miles at 70 mph back to TX without a problem. Why would using the low gears make it whine and overheat. I think that's what caused the heat and whining.
Not to change the subject from Mini vans but I have a 94 Park Avenue w/ 129,000 miles. While driving down a mountain pass last week, I used low 2. Afterwards my tranny started winning. While still whinning the next day, I drove up an old horse trail 8 mile 23% grade. Never made it to Cripple Creek, the car overheated making the front 1/4 panels too hot to touch. I got to Wal mart, changed 3 qts of ATF in the parking lot, the whinning stopped and continued my trip in the Rockies. I then drove 900 miles at 70 mph back to TX without a problem. Why would using the low gears make it whine and overheat. I think that's what caused the heat and whining.
Go to synthetic ATF if heat is an issue
Thanks, I'll try syn-oil. The old ATF was only 20 months old but the car was dragging it was packed so heavy with the family. I was told with my last mini-van, that over time, a bigger ATF cooler will save an overloaded trans. At this point in the Buick's life I think I'll pass and just try the syn ATF.