Aveo Recall! 7/2005

I received a recall notice on mygmlink.com page this morning. The site won't tell you what the recall is, so you have to call the dealership to find out.

The service department told me the recall is to have you bring your Aveo in so they can upgrade the onboard software ECM. It is supposedly so they can better diagnose issues with the computer when you bring it in.

They had to have the last 8 numbers of the VIN to determine if I needed it or not. Maybe it's just me, but it is strange to recall a vehicle just to upgrade how dealerships can diagnose your vehicle.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn B.

Sorry, it's the way of the future. I would hazard a quess that about

10-15% of the vehicles we are working on every day are in for some sort of "software upgrade". It will only get worse. So many systems on the vehicles are "software driven".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai