Axle bolts...

...keep coming loose on my 1984 GMC pick up 1 Ton sierra 3500 dual wheels. Don't know why. I'm gonna use some lock tite "the kind you can take off with a wrench", not the permanent. Anyone see a problem with
using locktite? Also why do they keep coming loose.....thanx in advance..

Not tightend properly
I'm gonna use some lock tite "the kind you can

What are axle bolts?

Gosh, Im glad you asked, Scott. I was also wondering what he meant.

So I wasn't alone.

Unless he means the bolts that hold the rear axle in place. It is a dually, which I believe has a full floating rear axle.
Steve

Yes I was. It has a floating rear axle. It has a flange between the axle and the hub. The 8 bolts holding the axle to the hub keep coming loose. I should have been more specific. Anyway, locktite seems to work....thanx