Axle bolts...

...keep coming loose on my 1984 GMC pick up 1 Ton sierra 3500 dual wheels. Don't know why. I'm gonna use some lock tite "the kind you can take off with a wrench", not the permanent. Anyone see a problem with using locktite? Also why do they keep coming loose.....thanx in advance..

Not tightend properly

I'm gonna use some lock tite "the kind you can

Reply to
doane_nut

What are axle bolts?

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Gosh, Im glad you asked, Scott. I was also wondering what he meant.

Reply to
<HLS

So I wasn't alone.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Unless he means the bolts that hold the rear axle in place. It is a dually, which I believe has a full floating rear axle.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Yes I was. It has a floating rear axle. It has a flange between the axle and the hub. The 8 bolts holding the axle to the hub keep coming loose. I should have been more specific. Anyway, locktite seems to work....thanx