bailouts

The us govt bails out private enterprise some don't like it (I don't either) but it happens what should I do? hope the the companies now fail so we lose all the money and it costs more in pensions, unemployment, state and local taxes. or hope they profit and grow and we lose less money maybe even profit from the bailout. Remember you or I don't have anything to do with the process, some of us have skin in the game, some not. don't buy from the company and complain to all the can hear that they should fail then when they fail can we blame you for it happening.

Reply to
Tom

The taxpayer part, was lost the day GM got it. $60,000 per vehicle they sold in 2009. $52 billion into GM, 4 more bailouts from GMAC that was corruptly sucked dry with bad loans for GM... $177 billion of people/invesors debt gone bad...

More even goes in the hole today to cover GM.old toxic assets like poluted land cleanup, $9 billion or something.

If GM China is doing so good, perhaps US should open up talks with the Chinese to buy GM. Then they can send Chinese managed to Detroit to show them how to run an auto company.

Using taxation and taxpayer funded debt for corporations is imoral, unethical and slavery precident people should not tolerate. Do it once, they get away with it. Then they will do it again, and again...

And given most Americans get neither the wages, pension nor benefits of a UAW, why the hell do they have to subsidize Banks/GM/Chrysler/UAW?? UAW is just GREED selling out fellow working Americans.

People work hard enough, they don't need to be taxed for corrupt inept corporations of America. It is theft. Just like Britian and the US revolution, they took money and resources so you as a collective people had a revolution.

And think, the British even taxed early Americans much less.

GM is a morally bankrupt company. They will not shake that off for generations.

Reply to
Canuck57