Battery Connection

95 LeSabre. Car hasn't been driven so the battery was pulled. Upon re-install I see the cable with the double connection was completely undone, leaving 3 wires. Does the third cable connect to the Pos or Neg. Thanks.

--
J Wald
--

Trace the odd cable and see where it goes. If it doesnt go to ground, then it fits at the positive (red) terminal. IIRC, on my GM cars, there was only one negative cable and it went to ground, but I wouldnt bet my pet orangutan on it.
The triple terminal, again IIRC, went to positive. Those cables were known for corrosion problems, and therefore electrical problems, inside the connector terminal.

Thanks.
--
J Wald
--

Glad to try to help. You probably need to replace that positive cable, by the way. I have pulled the terminal rubber down, tried to clean them, etc, but when they go bad, the best cure is to replace with either good aftermarket, OEM, or custom cables.
I had some custom cables made for my Reatta that are the best I have ever seen, and the price was reasonable.

By the way, that website is
http://www.custombatterycables.com /
I think he is covered up right now, but he makes real quality cables.