battery light remains on dimly on @2003 Chevy Silverado 2500

Recently, I purchased an 03 silverado 2500, and have continued to have issues with the battery light. The battery light remains dimly lit at all times when the truck is on and when the truck is off. The battery
was replaced when I bought the truck.
History of repairs (less than 2 months)
Battery was replaced when truck was purchased Light came on, remained dimly lit. Brought to dealership who scanned vehicle - light turned off after scan About 5 days later light came back on, after a few days altenator went. Altenator replaced by dealership Yesterday (4/17/07) the light came back on again.
I am looking for any help on this issue, since the dealership has not provided me with any. Please note that the truck is still covered under warranty so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

It seems to me that from what you've described, the dealership has indeed helped you. Why do you say they are not? Why not take it back to them?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If battery load tests OK and alternator output is in the normal 13.5~14.5 volt range, it could be in the warning light circuit, such as the wire to the idiot light, or the idiot light's protective resistor.
Or it could just be a bad rebuilt alternator. The dealer can't fix it unless you stop crying here and work with them on getting it fixed. Some problems just aren't easily fixed.

unless
It could be a number of things. He was working with a dealership and , since he is invested in this approach, should go back and try to communicate with them, as you suggest.
Some problems AREN'T easily fixed, that is for sure.
Give them a fair shot at it before taking it to another shop or small claims litigation.
I have been talking to the dealership, the entire time. They are aware of the problem, and are going to try to fix it. I was simply looking for any ideas since the dealership seems to have no idea why the light is on.
It is a matter of taking the wiring diagram for the vehicle and tracing where the current is coming from with proper diagnostic skills. Guessing at where it might be won't fix the problem.

at
I have seen some cases where the light appears to be glowing dimly, but isnt. Light is getting to the 'jewel' lens some other way.
But assuming it is glowing, your point, Woody, of tracing it down via the circuit diagram is right on.
In the past, I had a lot of problems with diode trios in some alternators. These things have to be well matched, or balanced, or you will get a glowing charge light. The more unbalanced they become, the more the glow. Unlike some semiconductor items which usually either work or dont work, diode trios can drift off spec, causing the false indication.