Been looking at some cars...Jap vs America

Page 2 of 2

Those previous GP's were ugly in my opinion (blobish, unclean lines). The new ones are aggressive and cleaner in terms of their lines. It's all opinions. :-) Everyone has 'em.
-
1st Lt. Hanley wrote:

As they so often do, the US makers all but abandoned that market when it started declining in volume. Ford is said to be about to do the same with minivans and GM might just as well have left the minivan market considering how uncompetitive it's vans are.
Sporty two door V-6 coupes? The Honda Accord EX V6 coupe is kind of a sleeper and you can get them at a good price, but still a little bland. The Camry/Solara is even more boring IMO. The G35 is indeed a nice vehicle in that niche. Nothing with a US nameplate is close to being real competition for the G35.
The only US model worth consideration is the Mustang, which is a vehicle you either love or hate. Rather too retro for my taste. I guess the Pontiac G6 is in the mix, but it already screams Rental Car from the mountaintops. The Monte Carlo is a joke. The Impala is a better vehicle but still nothing special and of course is the four door version. Where is the modern day equivalent to a 2 door Nova, Dart, Tempest, etc. ???? The US makers have abandoned the mid-sized sporty 2 door coupe business all together.
If I absolutely had to have a US nameplate 2 door sporty coupe I would find the cleanest used final generation Cadillac Eldorado I could put my hands on. This is another vehicle with a once proud heritage which GM allowed to simply wither and die.
John
1st Lt. Hanley wrote:

(big snip) The G35Coupe is a great car. What has stopped me from getting one is the requirement of super gas and because it only gets 19 mpg. Check the parts prices as well. New rotors for those Brembo brakes are not cheap. As a rule of thumb, the small but H/O engines require super gas and get terrible mileage. You would be better off with a Mustang or Vette.
Sounds to me like you should drive and price a Mustang V6. Anything the import brands offer that compare, with the same equipment, will costs thousands more to drive home. ;)
mike hunt

Something to top your g35 coupe...Mustang GT, plenty of power and styling. How about a Cadillac CTS. Power styling available manual or automatic, and probally cheaper than the G35. If you really want to step it up to styling performance and American my favorite the pontiac GTO. For about 33 grand you can take this home. 6.0 V8 400HP! leather and blaupunkt stereo. Here is my opinion go american and stay american and my question is why cant those japs make something with a V8 like this
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp
1st Lt. Hanley wrote:

Ray wrote:

Very funny, if you really want something American, buy an Australian car.
John

He said he wanted a V6 and lets face it the GTO is one of the ugliest in the GM stalls.