belt joints

Dear Sir,
How r u ???
Can you tell me why we make the joint of belt conveyors on angles ???. Why we do not make belt joints Straight ????.
I will be very thankfull to yoyu if you rweply me soon.
Best regards,
SHAFI
shafi wrote:

Not that this has anything to do with GM (or any other) autos, the bologna cut/staple on a conveyor drive belt increases the connection size, allowing say, 30 staples instead of 20, making for a stronger connection. At least that's the theory; I've seen many conveyor belts where the joint was straight across.