Best and worst gasoline in the US?

In news:2DuWa.41752$Ho3.6694@sccrnsc03, Brent P jubilantly posted:

The interesting part is how we will migrate away from "gasoline" to low pressure liquid hydrogen over the next 15 years. Yup... according to processes already in place at Air Products.

Reply to
Philip®

Philip® opined in news:YcvWa.1570$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Dont bet on it...

A. do a search on the subject and check out the downside issues.

  1. ... known oil reserves are higher than projected in the early nineteen- teens, and than projected in the 70's... we are ALWAYS close to running out.. but it doesnt seem to happen.
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Best is the one from a gas station that sells lots of gas. Worst is from a station that sells very little gas.

----------------- Alex __O _-\

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Low pressure liquid hydrogen? Yeah, sure.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

I've used many different brands of gasoline and I think that it comes down to two things. First is the volume of gas sold at that station and distributor and second is how well do they maintain their tanks (i.e. monitor for & remove moisture from them).

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveninces attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

My GTO likes Unocal 110 octane with lead. mmmmmm....... 110 octane....drool... GW

Helmet Head wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

This is only my personal observation:

Worst - Texaco, any grade. Every fuel related problem I've ever had in a gas vehicle has always been preceeded by a tankful of Texaco gasoline. And it doesn't ever seem to matter what grade I put it or what station I've gotten it from. After fuel issues with three seperate vehicles over the years from Texaco gas (two pickups and my Harley), if I ran out of gas in the parking lot of one of their stations I would hitchhike to almost any other place before I bought more fuel there. Honestly, I won't even use it in my lawnmower.

Best - Don't really care anymore, I drive a diesel!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Rich B., I guess you still haven't found that spellchecker for your sig line.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Nothing beats the sweet smell of leaded gasoline. I wish more places carried it around here and it wasn't $3.99 a gallon ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Cryogenic LIQUID H2? Not likely.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=DFats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

Best Regular: $1.28 gal Worst REgular: $1.79 gal Best Premium: $1.69 gal Worst Premium: $2.15 gal Other than that, they are all the same.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=DFats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

Matthew Russotto opined

I hear it's a new molecule... with two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom...

Self contained fuel and oxidizer

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Keep studying. Not the cryrogenic grade.

Reply to
Philip®

Considering that the boiling point is -423F @ 1 atm and the =

critical point of H2 is -399.93F @ 190.8 psia, how can it be anything else?

I am interested in the subject and if you can give me a reference or two concerning non-cryo LH2, I really will read them. Paul.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=DFats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

What I am reading from is the current "Air Products and Chemicals, Inc" newsletter

While I have the printed article here, their website starts off this week month with the same article "New Hydrogen Fueling Station."

Reply to
Philip®

Best gasoline .. . the station that has the newest underground tanks! All tanks collect sludge, water and oxidation; which is why they have to be periodically dug up and replaced (E.P.A. regulations). Hydrogen or "fuel cell" technology suffers from unsolved problems: 1) non-migrating tank designs needed; 2) distribution stations and 3) power needed to separate hydrogen from water etc. (e.g. "fusion" power). My guess, hydrogen power is 30 years off at best. Most of the "Air" about fuel cell technology is just that .. .

"Paºul" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@texxxas.net...

Reply to
Bill Freeman

it's here:

GW

"Philip®" wrote: What I am reading from is the current "Air Products and Chemicals, Inc" newsletter

-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Ok Bill, read and weep:

Philip®

Thanks GW. It will be interesting to see how LH2 progresses. Since the combustion byproduct is water, I wonder how that will affect crankcase oil?...