Best and worst gasoline in the US?

Page 1 of 3
Regular and Premium

--
"Deer aren't the only unpredictable animal on the road."

In Helmet Head

The interesting part is how we will migrate away from "gasoline" to low pressure liquid hydrogen over the next 15 years. Yup... according to processes already in place at Air Products.
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
Philip opined in

Dont bet on it...
A. do a search on the subject and check out the downside issues.
2. ... known oil reserves are higher than projected in the early nineteen- teens, and than projected in the 70's... we are ALWAYS close to running out.. but it doesnt seem to happen.

Low pressure liquid hydrogen? Yeah, sure.
--
Matthew T. Russotto snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net
Matthew Russotto opined

I hear it's a new molecule... with two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom...
Self contained fuel and oxidizer
"Philip" wrote:

Cryogenic LIQUID H2? Not likely.
In Helmet Head

Keep studying. Not the cryrogenic grade.
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
"Philip" wrote:

Considering that the boiling point is -423F @ 1 atm and the critical point of H2 is -399.93F @ 190.8 psia, how can it be anything else?
I am interested in the subject and if you can give me a reference or two concerning non-cryo LH2, I really will read them. Paul.
In jubilantly posted:

What I am reading from is the current "Air Products and Chemicals, Inc" newsletter
While I have the printed article here, their website starts off this week month with the same article "New Hydrogen Fueling Station."
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
it's here:
http://www.airproducts.com/PressRoom/CompanyNews/Archived/2003/03222_19May03.htm
GW
"Philip" wrote: What I am reading from is the current "Air Products and Chemicals, Inc" newsletter

-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Geoff Welsh wrote:

Thanks GW. It will be interesting to see how LH2 progresses. Since the combustion byproduct is water, I wonder how that will affect crankcase oil?...
Been there done that as well. ;)
mike hunt
Paul wrote:

I read it. The distribution is all gaseous, not liquid.
http://www.airproducts.com/Products/LiquidBulkGases/HydrogenEnergyFuelCells/YourIndustry/LasVegasProject.htm makes it clear that the distribution was not liquid.
Marc For email, remove the first "y" of "whineryy"

It would be interesting to see the comparison between how many BTUs come in as natural gas versus how many BTU's go out after all the reprocessing of it.
In jubilantly posted:

ls/YourIndustry/LasVegasProject.htm
The article mentions mixing hydrogen with CNG in some instances. ;-)
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to

No _liquid_ hydrogen involved.
Low pressure liquid hydrogen... it is to laugh.
--
Matthew T. Russotto snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net
Water??
"Philip" wrote:

Considering that the boiling point is -423F @ 1 atm and the critical point of H2 is -399.93F @ 190.8 psia, how can it be anything else?
I am interested in the subject and if you can give me a reference or two concerning non-cryo LH2, I really will read them. Paul.

Best is the one from a gas station that sells lots of gas. Worst is from a station that sells very little gas. ----------------- Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)
I've used many different brands of gasoline and I think that it comes down to two things. First is the volume of gas sold at that station and distributor and second is how well do they maintain their tanks (i.e. monitor for & remove moisture from them).
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveninces attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Rich B., I guess you still haven't found that spellchecker for your sig line.
---Bob Gross---