best head gaskets for a ZZ4

I am replacing the head gaskets on my ZZ4 chev crate motor. What is the best replacement gasket to use? (other then the cometic PHUZION @ $2200 each)

thanks

-Joe

Reply to
tinasguy

Joe, I'm running a ZZ4 in my '63 Vette and I have actual parts sheets for the engine. If you want original equipment head gaskets, they are GM Part # 12557236. Just out of curiosity, why are you replacing the head gaskets? Did you have the engine apart? Or did you actually blow a head gasket? If you happen to buy these head gaskets, I'd appreciate it if you posted a followup and let us know how much the gaskets cost. Thanks.

Reply to
Cool Jet